Animal Husbandry (Part I)animal husbandary ibps afo
- India is on 2nd position in number of cows & have 1st position in no. of buffalos
- India position in number of elements:
- Goat:- 1st
- Sheep:- 2nd
- Ducks:- 8th
- Chickens:- 8th
- Camel:- 10th
- 57.8% of world buffaloes are found in India.
- Share of different animals in milk production in India:-
- Buffalo:- 51%
- Cow:- 45%
- Goat:- 4%
- Stock Farming:- Reproduction of animals
- Need of Protein:-
- 11.3 gm/day (in India)
- 2.9 gm/day (Average of world need)
- Contribution of livestock ad fisheries sector to agriculture GDP was 29.7 % in 2007
Milk Production(2012-13) No. of Cattle(2007)
No. of Buffaloes(2007)
U.P M.P U.P Rajasthan W.B A.P A.P U.P Rajasthan
Animal Wealth Development (पशुधन विकास)
- For animal development “Key village scheme” is started in first 5-year plan.
- In 1970:- “National Dairy scheme” & “Indian Dairy Co-orporation” is started
- First “Military Dairy Farm” is started in 1889 by Britishers.
- Now there are seven reproduction farm in India.
- Suratgadh (Rajasthan)
- Sunbeda (Orissa)
- Haisarghatta (karnataka)
- Andeshnagar (U.P)
- Chiplima (Orissa)
- Ghamror (Gujrat)
- Almadi (Tamilnadu)
- Milk need:- 226 gm/day/person
- There are 27 breeds of Cow.
- According to need cows are divide into:-
- Dual purpose
- Dual purpose cows are upbringing for milk & active Calfs.
- Heaviest breed of Cow is “kankrej”
- Only Iceland channel’s cow milk is better than Indian cows among European Cows.
- “Holeistin Frieziyan” breed cow produce most milk than any other cow breed
- Foreingn’s cow gives 4 times more milk than Indian cows but have less fat & fat contain solid materials.
- “Garnshi” cow’s milk contain 5% of fat.
- “Jarsindh” is best suited foreign breed cow for Indian climate.
- “Tharpakar” breed of cows are in Rajasthan’s border places.
BreedType Sahiwal Milch Dual Purpose Hariyana Draught Draugh
- Development of Draught & fast runner breeds:-
Malwi Mid-India Hallikar & Kangayam South-India GaoLao & Khillari Maratha
Highest cow Stock(2011)
Cow milk production (2011)
Cow milk production (2012-13)
Brazil USA Tamil Nadu India China U.P USA Rajasthan
- Indian Buffaloes are called “Water Buffalo” and their zein is called “Buwelas”
- Foreign Buffaloes are called “Swamp Buffalo” and their zien is called “Sinsairas”
- Some important Buffalo breeds:
- Marshy buffalo’s (दलदली) breeds are found in South-East Asia.
- “Muraah” is the most milk giving breed buffalo in India.
- Highest “Fat percentage” contain (12-14%) buffalo breed is “Bhadawari”
- “Central Buffalo Institute” is established in Hisar.
- In 2009 ICAR made a clone of Buffalo calf which is died of Pneumonia.
- Second cloned Buffalo calf breed.
- By Hand Guided cloning Technique.
- By :NDRI karnal” in 6 june 2009.
Buffalo milk produciton (2012)
Buffalo Stock (2011) Buffalo milk production
U.P India India A.P Pakistan Pakistan Rajasthan China China
How to calculate Animal’s Age:-
- By seeing “rings of horns”:-
- one ring is added after the first 2 year.
- By seeing Tooths