Banana,Papaya,Guava & Citrus fruitsbanana papaya guava citrus fruits ibps afo
krishigyan Published: 3 years ago
- Scientific Name:- Musa paradisiacal
- Family:- Musaceace
- Origin Place:- South Eastern Asia
- India holds 1st position in Banana production in world followed by Brazil and China
- Banana contains 27% carbohydrate alongwith Vitamin A,B,C.
- In India, Tamilnadu holds 1st rank in banana production followed by Maharashtra & Gujarat [2011-12]
- Most of the varieties of banana are triploid.
- In Northern India, banana is sowed in Rainy season while in Malabar it is sowed in September-October.
- Vegetative Parthenocarpy is present in banana.
- Main Varieties:- Puwan, Barsai, Nendran, White Belchi, Harichaal.
- Sigatoka is a dangerous disease in banana.
- Moko is a bacterial disease in banana.
- Narendra variety of banana is best suitable for making chips.
- In banana, Panama Mlani disease is spread by fungus.
- Puwan variety is resistant to this disease.
- India produces 10Tonnes/hectare of banana.
- Ethrel is used for artificial ripening of banana. Ethylin gas is produced from Ethrel.
- Banana is stored for 3 weeks at 13° C temperature and 85-95% humidity.
- The suitable temperature for ripening of banana is 20° C.
- Scientific Name:- Cerica papaya
- Family:- Caricaceae
- Origin Place:- America
- India holds 1st position in papaya production followed by Brazil & Nigeria.
- In India, Andhra Pradesh tops in papaya production followed by Gujarat & Karnataka.
- Main Varieties:- Pusa Nanha, Washington, Pusa Majesty, Honeydew, Pusa Joint
- Pupen is dried milk of papaya.
- Coimbatore 1 & 2 are famous varieties for Pupen production.
- For successful farming of these varieties, atleast 10% of plants should be made.
- Following fruits come under the comes under the category of citrus fruits:-
Mandarin, Sweet Orange, Pummelo, Grape Fruit, Lemon, Lime, Sour Orange, Citron, Sweet Lime.
- Family:- Rootaceae
- Origin Place:- Southern Asia
- India holds 3rd position in citrus fruits production.
- Orange accounts for 50% of all citrus fruits production.
- In India, Andhra Pradesh tops in citrus fruits production followed by Maharashtra and Punjab.
- Vitamin C is found in adequate amount in citrus fruits.
- Main disease in citrus fruits are “Citrus Canker”.
- In Nagpur, Oranges are cultivated in Black Soil.
- Scientific Name:- Seedium guvajava
- Family:- Myrtaceae
- Origin:- America
- It is also known as “Poor Man’s Apple”.
- India holds 1st position in Guava production.
- Guava was introduced in India by Spanish people in 16th
- In India, Maharashtra tops in production followed by Madhya Pradesh & Uttar Pradesh . [2011-12].
- Main Varieties:- Allahabadi Safeda, Lucknow-49(Sardar)
- Seedless Varieties:- Saharanpur, Nagpur, Behat Coconut
- Latest Variety :- Lalit
- In Northern India, Guava flowers 3 times a year.